Bond 2022

  • ONED Proposition Project CommunityWhat is a bond?
    The Board of Trustees of the San Elizario Independent School District has called an Election to be held on November 8, 2022.
    The purpose of the Election is to allow voters to decide whether to issue up to $24,500,000 of bonds to provide for school facilities.
    A bond is a loan that the District would receive in order to fund the listed project.
    In future years, the District would repay the loan plus the interest for borrowing that loan.
    The District currently receives State aid which is used to pay approximately 70% of the debt. Property taxes paid by District taxpayers are used to the pay the remaining 30% of the debt.

    How will the funds be used if approved by voters?

    • To construct a new two story building with new classrooms, labs and interactive spaces, plus new rooms for fine arts, and an administrative office area with a control vestibule for enhanced security
    • Site improvements for student drop off
    • Improvements to the base ball field and athletic facilities

    What is the tax impact to the average homeowner?

    The District’s current tax rate for bonds is $0.1497 per $100 of taxable assessed valuation. If the bond proposition is approved, it is expected that the tax rate would increase by approximately $0.35 based on current estimates of interest rates, State aid and taking into account District reserves.

    Tax Impact

    GEMS

    Conceptual Site Plan
    Conceptual Floor Plan
     

GEMS 3D Conceptual Rendering - Video

Informational Meetings

  • * Monday, September 26, 2022 at 5:30 pm
    Garcia Enriquez Middle School in the parent center
    12280 Socorro Road, San Elizario, TX 79849

    * Monday, October 17, 2022 at 5:30 pm
    Lorenzo G. Alarcon Elementary School in the cafeteria
    12501 Socorro Road, San Elizario, TX 79849

    * Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 5:30 pm
    Alfonso Borrego Sr. Elementary School in the cafeteria
    13300 Chicken Ranch Road, San Elizario, TX 79849

    * Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 5:30 pm
    Josefa L. Sambrano Elementary School in the cafeteria
    200 Herring Road, San Elizario, TX 79849

Voting Information

  • Where & When to Vote

    Early Voting
    October 24, 2022 - November 4, 2022

    San Elizario Fire Rescue Meeting Room
    1415 San Antonio St., San Elizario, TX 79849

    Monday, October 24 - Friday, October 28, 9 am - 6 pm
    Saturday, October 29 - Sunday, October 30, 12 pm - 5 pm
    Monday, October 31 - Friday, November 4, 9 am - 6 pm

    All other early voting locations made
    available by the County Elections Department.

    Election Day
    2022 Bond Election Informational Brochure
    2022 Eleccion de Bonos Folleto Informativo

    November 8, 2022, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

    San Elizario Fire Rescue Meeting Room
    1415 San Antonio St., San Elizario, TX 79849

    Civilian Ballot by Mail
    Information for voting by mail may be obtained at the following website:
    https://epcountyvotes.com/voter_information/civilian_ballot_by_mail

How will the ballot read?

  • Ballot

    Citizens who are 65 years of age or older and who have filed for and received the over 65 exemption would be entitled to have their taxes frozen at age 65 and would not receive any increase in property taxes as a result of this bond issue.