A Special Election will be held on May 1, 2021, for the purpose of electing one (1) School Board Trustee to serve on the
San Elizario ISD School Board.
What Positions are up for May 1, 2021 Election?
Unexpired, Two-Year Position:
- Place 6 - Vacant (previously held by Irene Jaquez)
Who is eligible to serve as a San Elizario ISD School Board Member?
Candidates interested in running for a San Elizario ISD school board of trustee must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.